Dog Training/breeding and slip mating

I have a proven standard poodle stud. He is almost 9 years old.
He has had many large successful litters in the past. Just last year, a litter of 10. He has always had successful ties.
We have been trying to breed him with our maiden dog. She is 2 yrs old.
On day 13 they tied for 30 minutes.
Since then they haven't been able to achieve a tie. She is still
very responsive, flagging. And he mounts her and vigorously thrusts. But slips out before they tie.
I'm assuming this is slip mating. But my question is, can semen be going into her without us physically seeing it when he pulls out? I'm just crossing my fingers that the day 13 tie worked.

Hello Paula:

There is no way to asses.
Sometimes it has taken.

The only guarantee in ensuring semen implantation is successful would be to bred by Artificial Insemination (AI).

With AI you can check the viability of semen and ensure correct placement.
AI is done in conjunction of progesterone testing to assure implantation at optimal day of heat.

Dog Training

The Dog Nanny

Any Training or Behviour questions in regards to dogs.

Over 25 years as Certified Professional Dog Training Instructor and Certified Canine Behaviourist.

Canadain Association of Professional Pet Dog Trainers International Positive Dog Training Association Canadain Kennel Club Therapeautic Paws Of Canada

NuBowWow CAPPDT News Letter Happy Dog Connections

Certified Professional Dog Training Instructor Certified Canine Behaviourist Accredited Dog Trainer Director of Evaluators TPOC Certified Therapy Dog & Cat Evaluator Certified Canine Good Neighbour Evaluator

Certificates of Appreciation from various local organisations for Volunteer work as Guest Speaker on the subject of Dogs, Dogs & Children, Canine Behaviour, Mentor, Therapy Dog Programs etc