Dog Training/travel before puppy fully housebroke

Question
Hi, I was wondering if you could comment on traveling with a 6 month old puppy with respect to where we are at with housebreaking.  This is a small dog so its been a lot of consistent work and I feel like we just turned the corner a few weeks ago. She has made it through the night with no issues for a long time, day time was an issue with accidents, but we have not had any for a while.  I feel like we are well on our way of becoming housebroken.  That said, if we want to travel a few days and stay somewhere other than home where she is used to the routine of where she goes etc. are we asking for trouble?  is it too soon to change her environment even for a few days? I noticed when we had neighbors building a fence and using loud staple guns, when I moved her to the other side of the house to go potty, it seemed as though she thought she was on a strange planet and didn't quite get she could go there just like the other side of the house.  I am not willing to jeopardize all the work we have done and her progress.

thanks

Answer
Hi Lori,
There is no way of knowing for sure, but I would say, "Go for it!"

You just need to watch her more closely, and use the crate when you can't watch her. You have to travel sometime, and you can use this as a socialization experience.

Reward her with treats when she goes potty and also when there are new events, people, etc. to increase her enjoyment of the new experiences.

Have fun!

Dog Training

Jeff Millman