Dog Training/Training my dog

Hello! I have an 11 month old dog and I have been through 2 training
programs with him. One was a puppy training program and another was a behavior session. But I am still having problems with his behavior. He know 'sit', 'down', and a couple others. But he doesn't always listen when I say them, especially when there are distractions. He jumps up and bites when we are in the backyard, jumps up on people when they comes over, and I practically have to tie him down just to get his nails clipped. He HATES to be held and when you let go, he literally shoots away. I am at a loss of what to do. Does this sound like something you can help with?

Thanks for getting in touch about your dog. How recent were your training classes? Training is an ongoing process and lots of dogs really enjoy going to classes too.  

Head over to my web site for some good toenail information. Dog Toenail Care and Trimming

I've also got lots of good information about training and care on this page: Articles, Advice and Training Tips

Dogs like an interactive leader and these tips will help you and your dog to develop a good working relationship. As you read through the leadership list, think about if you or your dog do two or more of these. If so, your dog is the leader of your pack and you are the Omega. The goal is to help you become a good leader in your home and to help you become a benevolent leader.

This should get you started. Once you have read thorough the information and worked on some of the exercises, let me know how you are doing.  

Dog Training

Kathleen A. Riley-Daniels

I am known for my originality, creativity and flexibility in dog training, and I specialize in everything from training and handling skills to behavior challenges. All breeds, personalities and skill levels are welcomed including handlers and/or dogs with physical limitations. I encourages students to work outside their comfort zone for enhanced learning and utilizing skills that best fit the needs of each team. Keeping the focus on fun, play and praise. My enthusiasm for training is contagious and all efforts of both dog and handler are rewarded. If you are looking for assistance in house training or other training areas, please visit my web site or blog first and see if the information there is helpful to you: or or YouTube Channel

I have trained and participated in many canine performance events including obedience, rally obedience, field, herding, tracking, conformation, weight pull, training and judging 4-H, assistance dog training and wrangling for movies. I teach private and group lessons, workshops, seminars, camps, lecture internationally and have written award winning articles for numerous publications. I was voted one of the Twin Cities Top Dog Trainers by the readers of Twin City Tails Magazine, I am a certified in Animal Nutrition, Animal Training and Behavior and am an evaluator for the American Kennel Club's Canine Good Citizen program.

Various local, regional and national breed clubs.

Have worked as an editor, on staff and as a volunteer on a variety of community, local, regional, national and international publications.

College degree and life-long learning with multiple certifications in training, behavior, nutrition and education. I am a life-long learner and I accentuate the positive for both dogs and handlers and my training methods are specifically designed to bring teams to their full potential by customizing training plans and focusing on training exercises that best benefit each individual team.

Voted one of the top trainers in the Twin Cities.