Dog Training/Disobedient?

I have a 5-6 month old pure bread german shephard that iv raised since 9 weeks old. My biggest problem is how do i get her off the treats? She will listen to me about 50% of the time if she knows i have a treat in my pocket. I can get her to sit, come, lay down, chair(her own big ass chair in the house) shake, roll over, leave it, stay (up to 18 min!), even call out different toys for her to grab. But it doesnt work unless i have a treat in my pocket. (Sometime dog food, sometimes peanut butter bone mini, doesnt matter). So how do i get her to obey commands without the treats? Or atleast transition it? All help is appreciated!

Dogs are either food or toy motivated. I also say that they may be praise motivated. If you have started this since day one then unfortunately you are probably stuck with it. It is simple logistics either toy, food or praise motivated but they expect to be rewarded if you tell them to do something.

Dog Training

Chris Cantrell

Typically answer questions about basic obedience and search and rescue training for any types/breeds of dogs. I DO NOT answer questions regarding any health related issues. I DO NOT PROMISE TO ANSWER QUESTIONS OTHER THAN THE AREAS I HAVE LISTED. If you are going to ask a question I do expect to get sufficient information. I cannot make any promises that I can answer your question if it is a behavioral issue because you have to be around the animal to properly evaluate what the animal is or is not doing so do not expect a miracle through email.

Chief of local rescue squad. I have 2 trained K-9's. One is trained for live, cadaver and HRD. The second is trained for live search and in training currently for cadaver and HRD. Formerly trained Police K-9's for Patrol, protection and Narcotics.

Alabama Association of Rescue Squads, North American Search Dog Alliance

NASAR, AARS, Alabama Fire College