Dog Training/shih Tzu puppy

I have a 6 week old shih Tzu puppy that whining all the time at night 2or 3h at night she is not in a cage I left food and water down for her a night and toy for her I get her for a friend

Hi Ashley!

At 6 weeks old your puppy isn't old enough to make it through the night without a potty break, she may be whining to go out. Crate training can teach her to hold it for longer periods of time and also may make her feel more secure at night when she is away from her people, but at her age she needs a potty break every 2 hours during the night. Leaving food and water down won't help with potty training, you might want to pick those things up after mealtimes!  

Dog Training

Sarah Maki

I'm happy to help with all obedience and training related questions. Although I work as a trainer solving behavioral issues, I do not feel comfortable providing advice or suggestions for aggression, resource guarding, phobias or other behavioral problems without evaluating a dog in person, those are areas where I believe a personal consultation is necessary.

I have been training dogs professionally since 2008. In 2009 I graduated with honors from Animal Behavior College and have also completed their Shelter Dog Program. I teach group classes and conduct in-home training sessions.

I am an ABCD-T (Animal Behavior College Dog Trainer) and am working towards my CPDT.