Dogs/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
What breed is my dog?3/20/2017Patti
  Q: I have a puppy named Chante. I got him from a friend who owns both parents, and I got to meet the ...
  A: Congratulations on getting a puppy! You didn't say how old your new puppy is, or if either you or ...
Yeast growth3/2/2017Roger McLeskey
  Q: I have a one year old Lab/Pit mix. He has been having some skin and coat issues. His skin seems ...
  A: Carbs and sugar feed yeast growth. You need to eliminate these from his diet. Most all commercial ...
puppy deworming dosage2/1/2017Patti
  Q: My brand new puppy (Miniature Australian Shepard/Chihuahua/Miniature Dachshund) is almost 9 weeks ...
  A: Congratulations on getting a puppy! Small breed puppies can be more sensitive to vaccines than ...
training my 7 year old maltichon to use wee wee pads1/31/2017Patti
  Q: How can I train my 7 year old dog to use wee wee pads. We live alone (my doggie and I) and ...
  A: I understand your problem of being able to paper train (same as using the pads but much cheaper) ...
Dog12/26/2016Nancy Perry
  Q: I recently bought an American Bully. He is a 6 month old puppy. He is a very loving dog but I want ...
  A: Aura, It sounds like your pup was not socialized, which is something that is important for a Bully. ...
My dog is scared of her bowl12/21/2016Patti
  Q: About seventeen months ago we adopted a rescued Shih Tzu who I will call "M", who is now about five ...
  A: If this were my dog, I'd very slowly put something irresistible, such as bits of hot dog, or cheese, ...
DOBERMAN SMART BUMP12/13/2016Karen Brittan
  Q: DOES THE Sagittal crest in a DOBERMAN PINSCHER indicate being purebred? and lack of it indicate a ...
  A: While a prominent sagittal crest is a feature of a quality Doberman head, it may not be as obvious ...
Quick QUESTION?10/9/2016Roger McLeskey
  Q: Hey Roger You have been so helpful... We have recently noticed Lulu has some ear problems as well ...
  A: More than likely it is from the yeast infection. Ear crusting/dark pink bumps and smells are a ...
KAISER THE BEAGLE10/9/2016Shelley Davis
  Q: Good Afternoon, My name is Andrea and I have recently purchased a Beagle he is currently six months ...
  A: A dog is a creature of habit and because it learns by association, if its training is consistent it ...
Recent aggressive10/8/2016Nancy Perry
  Q: I have two pit bulls male is 13 months, female is 4 months.play together all day. When me and my ...
  A: Yes he could have been protective or jealous HOWEVER, that behavior is unacceptable. He should have ...
Liver enzymes high10/8/2016Shelley Davis
  Q: My dog has lost weight, She is a 5.6 Chihuahua around 9 years old, she was adopted, and her last ...
  A: I'm sorry that your dog is having liver problems, but help is on the way! Regarding the medication, ...
Kaiser the beagle10/7/2016Nancy Perry
  Q: Hello my name is Andrea and i have recently purchases a beagle pup he just turned 6months and we ...
  A: Beagles are hunting dogs, that is what they do, so teaching them to come is difficult. Use a long ...
Miniature poodle with sking irritation10/7/2016Roger McLeskey
  Q: Its a red rash in between her arms and legs all the way up to her neck which iturna black in color ...
  A: I wish you would have told me what type and brand of food she is on. That makes all the difference ...
resource guarding and agression between siblings9/22/2016Shelley Davis
  Q: I have a 1 yr old Corgi and 16 yr old jack Russell. The corgi growls and nips at the jack russell ...
  A: My first suggestion is to pick up the food bowl and stop the open feeding. It is not recommended, ...
The best dog for children?9/17/2016Patti
  Q: Why small dogs are not good for children? Why maltese dogs not are good for children? What dogs are ...
  A: Small, delicate, and potentially snappy dog breeds aren't usually recommended for small children ...
scratching9/13/2016Patti
  Q: I have a 3-month-old golden retriever which recently started scratching a lot. We have treated her ...
  A: I know you said you've treated your dog for fleas, and you may not ever see fleas. You should still ...
would u identify this breed (or mix) for me?9/8/2016Patti
  Q: Could you please identify this breed for me? Or is it a mix? Thx, G
  A: It's hard to tell from the picture you provided, you can't really judge the dog's size or shape of ...
Dog good for children9/1/2016Karen Brittan
  Q: - What dog is good for children? - What are better for children? Pitbull or maltese? - Large ...
  A: <b>- What dog is good for children?</b> Generally, it would be a dog who has been raised around ...
puppy pads & no longer sleeping with me8/28/2016Nancy Perry
  Q: 1. My dog is a 4 yr old rat terrior mix, can she is trained to go outside, can I train her for puppy ...
  A: Yes you can train for both. Get the puppy pads that have the urine scent in it. when she goes out ...
Im needing help with finding out what my dog my have8/20/2016Patti
  Q: Hello this is Angelique and I have a cane Corso he is 1 1/2 and has had bumps around his mouth for a ...
  A: Since those bumps around your dogs mouth didn't clear up, and now he's also developed an ...
German Shepherd8/11/2016Patti
  Q: Recently, my daughter's 1 yr old Jack Russell Terrier starved itself when her playmate of 6 months ...
  A: I'm sorry to hear about the death of your Jack Russell Terrier. Have you considered contacting an ...
Two Puppies8/11/2016Patti
  Q: I am looking into the idea of getting two puppies at the same time. I would like to get two ...
  A: Congratulations on deciding to get puppies! Most experts agree, the best age to bring a puppy home ...
Bloodhound & severe recurring skin issues8/3/2016Roger McLeskey
  Q: I just came across a question & answer from you dated 7/22/2010. Couldn't have come at a better ...
  A: Sorry to hear you are having so many issues all her life. That's tough on the little girl. I'm glad ...
post op multiple dental extractions8/1/2016Patti
  Q: .. I've read some of your answers. My dog Finnie (11 yrs) mixed terrier, heavy on the mix !!! had 14 ...
  A: I'm sorry to hear that your dog isn't feeling well. At this point, if Finnie was my dog, I'd try to ...
Sick Shih Tzu puppy8/1/2016Shelley Davis
  Q: My puppy is 4 months old and has now vomited a couple times,is lethargic and is not eating/drinking ...
  A: This could possibly be early stage Parvo, a life threatening illness that takes the lives of puppies ...
dog7/11/2016Roger McLeskey
  Q: ROGER WE'VE TALKED BEFORE YOU WERE EXTREMLY HELPFIL--MY DOG IS SHITSO MIX AND WE KEEP HIM WITH ...
  A: glad to hear from you again. It sounds like some dry, flaky skin and/or dandruff. If you are not ...
pit bulls6/26/2016Shelley Davis
  Q: If you had grandchildren ages 6 and 9 who played in your unfenced yard and your next door neighbor ...
  A: I would be concerned about any breed of dog next door, without a strong 6' tall fence. We know ...
pit bulls6/26/2016Nancy Perry
  Q: We live in the suburbs with an unfenced yard. Our grandchildren ages 6 and 9 visit us frequently and ...
  A: It seems like a lot of your letter is missing, but here's the answer to yourIf the pit is a puppy, ...
pit bulls6/26/2016Roger McLeskey
  Q: We live in the suburbs. Our neighbor's dog died and he tells me he is replacing it with a pit bull. ...
  A: This is not my area of expertise on this forum but I'll give you my take on it. There are many more ...
flea allergy medicine6/22/2016Roger McLeskey
  Q: I have a rottweiller with a flea allergy and i would like to know the best product to treat this, ...
  A: Depending on the severity of the flea problem should determine how you treat it. A couple of fleas ...
male dog casteration6/19/2016Karen Brittan
  Q: I'm from Ethiopia and my dog is a local breed. I've had for a year and a half and have recently ...
  A: Males can go quite "crazy" when a bitch comes in season, particularly if they cannot get to the ...
Is there Free puppies in Vancouver wa6/17/2016Nancy Perry
  Q: Were do I find a Free puppy in Vancouver w
  A: I would look in the local thrifty type papers if you have them. Also, put up some flyers that you ...
2yr old Great Dane peeing and pooing in house6/9/2016Nancy Perry
  Q: It comes and goes but our 2yr old female, Lois has been peeing and pooing in the living room ...
  A: It sounds to me like she doesn't understand that the whole house is her den. That is how they think ...
German Shepherd6/6/2016Nancy Perry
  Q: My son has a 4 yr old male German Shepherd. We've had him since birth and he is an outside dog. My ...
  A: Tell you son to tell the people that the dog will have to be introduced slowly to new dogs since he ...
dog has been diagnosed with early kidney disease6/2/2016Patti
  Q: My 13 and a half old dog has had 3 urine tests which showed her to have high protein and in her ...
  A: I understand your concerns, but I'm not a veterinarian, so I can't second guess why your vet ...
sleep meds for dogs5/22/2016Roger McLeskey
  Q: I work in China and there are no vets in my area. A stray dog maybe 5 Kg. at work has barbed wire ...
  A: David, Sorry to hear about this but glad you are trying to help him. This is a medical question ...
Senior Chihuahua5/18/2016Roger McLeskey
  Q: I have a senior chihuahua who is 10 years old. I'm honestly not sure what I should feed him ...
  A: As dogs grow older, they DO NOT need less protein, they actually need more, higher quality protein ...
Loss of Appetite5/11/2016Patti
  Q: I have a female Shih Tzu mix, about eight years old, that we're having some problems with. She seems ...
  A: I've read your message, and understand your concerns. First, it's really hard to tell when a dog is ...
finding a schnauzer4/24/2016Karen Brittan
  Q: We're wondering if you are the same Karen Brittan who lived in south Minneapolis from whom we ...
  A: January 1994, and I lived in St. Louis Park<G> There aren't too many good breeders around anymore ...
Dog afraid to go outside4/1/2016Shelley Davis
  Q: We were trying to train my 12 year old mixed breed to a new underground fence. We thought she had ...
  A: I am so sorry that this happened. I've heard so many similar stories over the years around these ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10   |  Next

Dogs

Patti

Top Expert on this page