Dogs/9 week old yorkie puppy - male

Nico wrote at 2014-07-01 16:53:08
I also have a 9 week Shorkie. We got him on a Saturday and he would not eat or drink. we were giving him water through a syringe and trying to force feed him. He was very weak and would just fall asleep at the drop of a hat. I was terrified so on Monday I decided it was time to go back to the vet. I did some research on this prior to heading to the vet and found out he was hypoglycemic from lack of food. The suggestion was to give him kayro syrup either straight or diluted (just a little). I did this and he burst into energy within 5 min.  Shortly after that i put a few pieces of dry dog food (softened with water) on the floor at he ate it. slowly moved him to his bowl and he started eating and drinking water on his own. he ate on 3 separate occasions before the night was over and woke up this morning (Tuesday) went potty and ran to the door and right to his food and water dish. Hope this helps

Dogs

Kristin

Volunteering at the local SPCA and a rottie rescue group,and an owner of a shiba

volunteer at the Hamilton SPCA and Adopt-A-Rott
And I work at a dog kennel