Dogs/I want a velcro/seartch and rescue dog

Cassie wrote at 2010-07-25 03:31:43
You have probably gotten your puppy by now, but if you are still searching I have a suggestion for you. Herding dogs as far as I understand can be very 'velcro' like. They were bred to be around their people all the time and work with them. Thus the 'velcro' tendencies. I have an Australian Cattle Dog and I can't get her away from me. LOL. Good luck!

crabbo wrote at 2012-06-24 04:12:39
i am partial to the pit bull/american bulldog breeds...very smart,,no bad health problems,,very tough...about 50 t0 100 lbs..long lived for a heavy dog,,i have one and he keeps his eye on me and my wife...he does not chew things up when left alone,,but he is seldom left alone...i feed him purina dog chow dry and he can eat as much as he wants..we give him those x shaped chew bones to clean his teeth...do not believe all the hype about aggressive american bulldogs,,they were originally farm dogs/herding dogs/catch dogs..mine is super freindly and loves to be petted,,but he is rough,,he will knock you down to lick you..mine is mixed with cattle dog,,another good one..these dogs were originally bred for family farms,,and they love people...good luck..p.s.  dobes have health problem...and most of the pit bulls are white,,easier to see at night....

sparky wrote at 2013-06-18 20:41:04
Almost any dog will help.  Most of all I encourage you to spend more time in school with an emphasis on spelling and grammar.  After you have learned at the least, the very basics, then and only then, sparkyshould you consider spending any of your time with a loyal dog.

After reading through your post, I agree with the popular comments about the dumbing down of America.  We done gode.

Dogs

Labman