Dogs/food

Question
hi my bitch had puppies 9 weeks ago and now she wont eat her food ive tried soaking her dry food giving it her dry giving her meat. she will eat little bits from me but not alot, some days she wont eat her treats and shes loosing alot of fur, please help!!!! thsnk you

Answer
Hello,

She shouldn't be getting any dry food as there is no good moisture in it. She should have and still be getting premium canned puppy food like Wellness, Blue Buffalo, Chicken Soup For The Dog Puppy Lovers Soul, or similar several times a day.

Do NOT feed her commercial dry foods that contain any wheat, corn, soy, by-products, glutens or other crap. That just makes a dogs health worse.

The difference in cost is negligible. You feed less premium foods than cheap commercial foods so you product goes further. You have to look at it as a per cost feeding and not the one time cost of the product.

You can try even adding extra things like a little cottage cheese, sardines, baby food or whatever she might like.

Sometimes a little bit of Apple Cider Vinegar will stimulate the appetite. Some of the smaller natural pet food store carry a sprinkle on supplement that will stimulate appetite.

You can try a little canned tune or canned salmon. Just keep trying things to get her to eat. Make absolutely sure she is getting plenty of water. If she gets dehydrated she will not  filling like eating. If she is not drinking, you may have to take her in to the vets office and they will give her a water balloon type shot. This will stimulate her to eat more.

I hope this helps and you can get her to eat plenty. Let me know if you have any further questions or would like more information on nutrition.

Roger  

Dogs

Roger McLeskey