Dogs/bull terriers

My female is 7 months and on heat male is 9 months and whants to mate what should I do?

The best thing to do is to have a friend or relative take care of the male for about three weeks. Failing that, the dogs need to be kept separated. Here my in-season bitches are confined in the kitchen behind a tall gate. They are in crates at night or when I am not around to supervise.

After your bitch is out of season for a month or two, have her spayed so that you will not have to worry about her being bred and getting pregnant.

Karen Brittan

I have been showing miniature schnauzers in conformation, obedience, and earthdog for forty years, and am a professional dog groomer. I am not a veterinarian and cannot answer questions of a veterinary nature. However, I can give my opinion or share some experiences on some health issues. Everyone should remember that this is a volunteer service, and few of us are up late into the night. Medical emergencies require a veterinary visit, or at least a telephone call... not an internet question which might not be viewed and answered until hours later. If your dog is sick or injured, it should be seen by a licensed professional for proper diagnosis and treatment.

I have taught obedience classes and have taught people how to groom for many years.

Learn more about me and my dogs:

Member of: American Miniature Schnauzer Club; Twin Cities Miniature Schnauzer Club; Twin Cities Obedience Training Club; Elk River Kennel Club; Minnesota Professional Pet Groomers Association; Greater Twin Cities Earthdog Club.

Fifty-one years of living with, observing, and training dogs, along with numerous seminars during that time.