Dogs/fur cutting

Question
Hi, My brother took his blue merle collie to a groomer and when he went to pick him up they had cut off his mane, feathers on his legs and cut all the hair off his back end. About the only thing they did not cut was his tail. Will all of this grow back? I told him never to go there again.
Thanks,
Laura

Answer
Hello Laura,

Yes, it will grow back.  Did your brother ask for a trim?  were there mats in the coat? There are all sorts of things that may be the reason his dog was groomed the way he was.  Always tell your groomer how you would like your dog to be groomed.  With a dog such as a collie, ask the groomer when you take your dog in how their are going to groom it.  Most groomers will feel through the coat with their fingers and a comb so see what the condition is, then if the coat is matted, they should ask if you are willing to pay the extra charge to have it de-matted, otherwise, it gets shaved.

Sincerely,
Susan Potts
www.spottsgrooming.com
www.pipschoice.com
Your holistic pet place  

Dogs

Susan Potts