Dogs/fur cutting

Hi, My brother took his blue merle collie to a groomer and when he went to pick him up they had cut off his mane, feathers on his legs and cut all the hair off his back end. About the only thing they did not cut was his tail. Will all of this grow back? I told him never to go there again.

Hello Laura,

Yes, it will grow back.  Did your brother ask for a trim?  were there mats in the coat? There are all sorts of things that may be the reason his dog was groomed the way he was.  Always tell your groomer how you would like your dog to be groomed.  With a dog such as a collie, ask the groomer when you take your dog in how their are going to groom it.  Most groomers will feel through the coat with their fingers and a comb so see what the condition is, then if the coat is matted, they should ask if you are willing to pay the extra charge to have it de-matted, otherwise, it gets shaved.

Susan Potts
Your holistic pet place  

Susan Potts

I am a professional dog groomer and can help you with your dog's grooming needs. I also love to study pet foods and can help you with choosing a good food for your pet. Nutrition by supplements for health is also a topic I enjoy talking about.

Over 17 years for professional dog and cat grooming. Nearly five year combined of studying pet health and nutrition. Four plus years as an independent field representative with Flint River Ranch pet food and three plus years as a representative in the HealthyPetNet business featuring Life's Abundance dog and cat food, treats, vitamins and grooming care products. Over two years as a distributor for NuVet Plus pet supplements. Teaching clients and giving nutritional support to help with their pet's well being. Owner of Spotts Grooming and Holistic Pet

The Healthy Dog, Spotts Dog Care

On the job training as a brusher/bather for one year. Basic groomer for three years. Certificate groomer from Groom Expo 2004 Home studies of Groomer In A box and continuing education at groom expos through out the country.

17 years of grooming clients, Pet food and supplement customers through out the United States and Canada