Dogs/cheese smell

Question
I have a sheetsu* and she has developed a rash along with a rash that smells like cheese, she is also loosing hair at a pretty good rate

Answer
Hi Kenneth,

Have you had her checked by a vet? It's possible she has an infection and/or an infestation. Both are common and can cause this type of problem.

If you have had her checked by the vet and all test come back negative, then we can focus on her diet and immune system.

If you've had her checked by a vet and want me to evaluate her diet to see if this is the possible cause, just respond back to this question and let me know everything that is in her diet and include any brand names.

Also let me know of any other past or present health conditions, age, weight, activity level and anything else you think may be helpful.

Food allergies can play havoc on a dog's skin and coat. The smell could mean a yeast problem/infection. We can combat this with the right diet.

So if you haven't had her checked, please do so as if this is an infection/infestation, it will only get worse.

If she has been checked, then get back to me with the above information and I can give you some recommendations that will help her.

Let me know,

Roger

Dogs

Roger McLeskey