Dogs/french bulldog - inverted vulva?

Penny - Vulva
Penny - Vulva  
Hi Roger,

My 4 1/2 month old french bulldog puppy, Penny, has been scooting around in circles the last couple of days. She has had issues with puppy vaginitis and I have been wiping her twice a day with unscented sensitive baby wipes

I started doing a little more research online today and started to read about inverted/recessed vulvas. I can't really tell if hers is, I only found one picture online.

I have attached a picture, right now the area is really red as she has been scooting around.

Do you think she has an inverted vulva or is she just a normal puppy with some irritation?

Thank you so much!

Hi Katy,

First of all, I'm not a vet and this is a medical question. You would be better off finding a vet or vet tech on this site and asking them. I will however give you my opinion.

If you should have any question regarding diet and nutrition, that is my expertise. Her diet will make a huge difference in how her immune system will be strong enough to help fight off potential infections and allergies. Should you want me to evaluate her diet, just respond back to this same question and let me know what is currently in her diet, including brand names.

This to me looks like it may be infected. I would get her in to see your vet as soon as you can. She will probably need to be put on antibiotics and possibly an antiseptic wipe.

I would not let this go to long or things could get worse. It's possible it's just some irritation and the scooting is just causing the redness but I wouldn't take a chance.

Let me know if I can do anything else,

Roger McLeskey

Can answer all nutritional information for all dogs. Common problems with food, supplements, weight control, allergies, fleas, etc. Questions regarding raw food, homemade food, skin & coat issues, ect. Can't and/or will not do medicinal type questions that the vet takes care of.

I am certified in Dog Nutrition. Over 6 years now I've owned a natural pet food retail store. I've worked with hundreds of dogs and there owners to achieve better health. We promote a healthy balanced species related diet. This is the way nature made your pet to thrive. Fortunately for those who cannot or wish not to feed a raw based diet, there are alternatives with supplements and cooked food. Just don't let processed food be there only diet. Food is the most powerful medicine. Heal the core of the animal and the rest will take care of itself. We've turned the lives of many dogs around. There parents come back into the store and comment to us on how there dog acts like a real dog again. Our business is thriving and we continue to help many.

We work with Second Chance Companions, Must Love Dogs, members of ASPCA, HSUSA and started our own personal "Red Head Rescue" (non chartered) for stray dogs and rescue dogs from high kill shelters. We've been able to heal the many health ailments these dogs have and place them in good homes.

Dog Food Decoded - How To Choose A Health Diet For Your Dog and Your Budget - Available on Amazon in Kindle format or Paperback. Various articles for in store and web.

Certified - Canine Nutrition Level Three. Last 7 years I've been working with veterinarians, holistic veterinarians, attending seminars and best of all, real life experience with hundreds of customer dogs and cats. I've seen what works and does not work. Feeding a proper species appropriate diet works for most ailments. We've taken away our petís natural diet and caused most of todayís problems.

Many satisfied pet owners coming to our store for nutritional help and advice.