Dogs/jaw tremmers

Question
what can cause jaw trimmers and whats is the cure baby closes her mouth really slow sometimes like an alligator does she doesnt do this all the time just hear lately. could it possibly be scar tissue in the back of her mouth. thks

Answer

Hi Toby,

Not seeing your dog (and not being a veterinarian) I can only offer you some good guesses as to your dog's jaw tremors.

There are several things that could be going on. Your dog might be having a form of seizure called a focal seizure, your dog could be having tooth or gum problems, or it could be a a neurological condition.

Your dog deserves more than just guesswork. You should have him examined by a veterinarian. If you are having trouble afford veterinary care, first talk to your regular vet. Ask your veterinarian if he or she will let you work out a payment plan. Many veterinarians are willing to work out a weekly or monthly payment plan so that you do not have to pay the entire cost of veterinary care up front. Another option is to contact local animal shelters or the Humane Society. Some shelters operate or know of local subsidized veterinary clinics or veterinary assistance programs. If you happen to live within driving distance to veterinary school, check with them to see if they offer discount services to the public. There are two special credit cards to apply for which help with medical bills (including veterinary bills) read about them here:

http://www.carecredit.com
http://www.healthcard.citicards.com

I hope I've been a help.
Best of luck,
Patti  

Dogs

Patti