Dogs/Dog breed confusion

photo of Toby 1
photo of Toby 1  

photo of Toby 2
photo of Toby 2  
Hi :D So I have a terrier of about 7 months old and I wanted to know if he was a rat terrier or a fox terrier or even a mix of those 2. In my country, most of the fox terriers I have seen (my uncle had some when I was a kid and in newspaper's announcement) looked very similar. I am bit confused right now because I have looked at photos of fox terriers on the internet and most of them didn't looked like mine. I have asked my vet and he says he's a fox terrier. I tried asking on Yahoo Answer and most people told me he was a mix. So, if you could help me with this, I would be very grateful :D Thx in advance.

Thanks for the question.I agree with your vet, I see a fox terrier. I even looked at a bunch of pics of fox's and rat's and i see a fox terrier. The ears on your dog are v shaped and that would tell us it is a fox.Most fox terriers are 6.8 - 8.6 kg as adults and the rats are 6 to 16 kgs if he gets bigger then 8.6 kg i would be wrong.He has a great face...really good markings.

Enjoy your new baby.

Any questions about caring for your puppy up to your older dogs. How to crate train your dog. the best food for your dog,Questions about the breed.If i can not answer your question i will point you in the right direction.

Over ten years in the dog business. Taking care of pups including meds and exercise

I volunteer at our local shelter

Check out Look up Skipper...There are 3. My Rhodesion Ridgeback lived to be 15 years old. He went to the rainbow bridge 4 years ago. We just got Buddy...He is a golden mix. His first parents both worked and he was alone most of the day. We drove 3 hours to get him.

Worked 3 years as a vet tech