Dogs/Could milk whiten my dogs fur?

My dog has a spot on his back that has discolored. It's irritated and the vet said unfortunately its a skin disorder. He's a cream colored Shit Tzu. The spot is orange looking. Would the milk hurt him at all?

Hello Sandi,

Milk?  Not sure why you mention milk.  Are you giving him milk to drink?  If so, dogs shouldn't been given milk.  I have never heard of milk whitening a coat either.  It's better to give him a supplement that will take care of his skin disorder.  I recommend this product.  Http:// It's not sold in stores so you need an order code, they have is guarantee -  "We offer a money-back guarantee if any customer is not happy with the results received from using NuVet Plus or NuJoint Plus. In the unlikely event that your are dissatisfied with any NuVet Labs product, we guarantee a full money back refund by simply contacting - NuVet Labs at 1-800-474-7044. Code 42299.

That is what I suggest you try and will improve the skin and the hair color will return to normal which you will see after a few grooms.

Susan Potts  

Susan Potts

I am a professional dog groomer and can help you with your dog's grooming needs. I also love to study pet foods and can help you with choosing a good food for your pet. Nutrition by supplements for health is also a topic I enjoy talking about.

Over 17 years for professional dog and cat grooming. Nearly five year combined of studying pet health and nutrition. Four plus years as an independent field representative with Flint River Ranch pet food and three plus years as a representative in the HealthyPetNet business featuring Life's Abundance dog and cat food, treats, vitamins and grooming care products. Over two years as a distributor for NuVet Plus pet supplements. Teaching clients and giving nutritional support to help with their pet's well being. Owner of Spotts Grooming and Holistic Pet

The Healthy Dog, Spotts Dog Care

On the job training as a brusher/bather for one year. Basic groomer for three years. Certificate groomer from Groom Expo 2004 Home studies of Groomer In A box and continuing education at groom expos through out the country.

17 years of grooming clients, Pet food and supplement customers through out the United States and Canada