I am interested in purchasing a Cane Corso, however, I am in a country where there are no breeders of the type so i want to import it, can you help me out with an honest breeder and also give me the standards i should look out for in the breed (I have gotten so many offers with photos through the internet and emails, however because i am not so much into the breed, they all look the same). Please help

Hi Tizard,

The American Kennel Club's Cane Corso Association of America breeder's club might be a good place to turn for breeder info. That club offers some guidelines on how to find a reputable breeder:

There is also a referral list for breeders at that website, but it comes with a disclaimer that the listings are all paid advertisements and that the club doesn't officially endorse any of them. Still, if you were to contact the club's secretary and explain your situation, perhaps they can refer you to a specific Cane Corso breeder who is known to be responsible. The Cane Corso breed club's contact info is:

Corresponding Secretary: Steel Campbell

Vice President: Janet Gigante

More on what to look for in the breed:

If you're not able to travel to inspect a kennel and talk to breeders, and if you can't get a referral to a specific breeder, if it were me, I'd seriously reconsider buying a mail-order puppy.

I hope I've been a help.
Best of luck,

To date, I've owned 7 dogs, all of which have lived into old age. Having cared for them in all stages of life, I feel I can offer sound advice to other pet owners, and people considering getting a dog. I am knowledgeable about the AKC (American Kennel Club) dog breeds, training and exercise, caring for sick and elderly pets, feeding, as well as many holistic treatments pets can benefit from. My only request is that you write me using standard English and punctuation.

My life experience in this field is more like "on the job training" rather than an actual degree in animal welfare. You may benefit from my experiences over the past 30 years. Aside from the dogs I've owned, I'm also involved in "breed rescue" and have fostered several dogs, all of which have been adopted to wonderful "forever homes". I find helping people who want a dog very rewarding.

Real life experience, based on over 30 years of dog ownership.