Dogs/What should be the feeding schedule for in and after 9 weeks old German Shepherd Puppy?

What should be the feeding schedule for in and after 9 weeks old male German Shepherd Puppy?
I have bought a 9 weeks old German shepherd puppy and i wanted to know the feeding schedule for the puppy.

The questions include following:-
*How many times?
*Can i feed him chicken and liver?
*When to decrease the no. of times it eats,I mean at what age the feeding patterns should be changed?

Additional advice would be helpful...

Typically you would feed 3 times a day at least.

You can feed chicken and liver as part of his diet. It is not a complete balanced meal so you need to add some form of calcium and other vitamins and nutrients. You can get a general vitamin and mineral mix and add to this diet.

Make sure he gets some type of live food. Dogs were meant to eat a raw diet and do far better on this type of diet.

If you feed only cooked foods then the diet is not complete. The cooking process destroys vital nutrients that need to be in the diet. The two most important ones are enzymes and probiotics. These two nutrients are destroyed by the cooking process so they need to be supplemented back into the diet. You can get a separate supplement of these two to add back in. This is VERY important for longevity and good health.

If you feed a raw food diet, then you do not have to supplement these back into the diet.

I would also look to add some type of fish oil or cooked salmon, tuna or other. They need to have these omega nutrients in their diet for brain and eye development.

If you can get some canned puppy food, you can add this to the chicken and liver for a more complete balanced diet. Just be sure to add enzymes and probiotics.

I would look to add about 20% of his diet in vegetables. These will provide additional natural nutrients.

Rotate his diet of different proteins. You do not want to just give him chicken all the time. Change the diet often. This gets him used to eating more things and creates a stronger digestive system. A stronger digestive system leads to a stronger immune system.

Use his weight as a guideline as to when to go to feeding only two times a day. I would wait until he is at least six months old.

If you should have any more questions on his diet, adding raw foods or vegetables, please just respond back and I will be happy to help all I can.

Roger McLeskey

Can answer all nutritional information for all dogs. Common problems with food, supplements, weight control, allergies, fleas, etc. Questions regarding raw food, homemade food, skin & coat issues, ect. Can't and/or will not do medicinal type questions that the vet takes care of.

I am certified in Dog Nutrition. Over 6 years now I've owned a natural pet food retail store. I've worked with hundreds of dogs and there owners to achieve better health. We promote a healthy balanced species related diet. This is the way nature made your pet to thrive. Fortunately for those who cannot or wish not to feed a raw based diet, there are alternatives with supplements and cooked food. Just don't let processed food be there only diet. Food is the most powerful medicine. Heal the core of the animal and the rest will take care of itself. We've turned the lives of many dogs around. There parents come back into the store and comment to us on how there dog acts like a real dog again. Our business is thriving and we continue to help many.

We work with Second Chance Companions, Must Love Dogs, members of ASPCA, HSUSA and started our own personal "Red Head Rescue" (non chartered) for stray dogs and rescue dogs from high kill shelters. We've been able to heal the many health ailments these dogs have and place them in good homes.

Dog Food Decoded - How To Choose A Health Diet For Your Dog and Your Budget - Available on Amazon in Kindle format or Paperback. Various articles for in store and web.

Certified - Canine Nutrition Level Three. Last 7 years I've been working with veterinarians, holistic veterinarians, attending seminars and best of all, real life experience with hundreds of customer dogs and cats. I've seen what works and does not work. Feeding a proper species appropriate diet works for most ailments. We've taken away our petís natural diet and caused most of todayís problems.

Many satisfied pet owners coming to our store for nutritional help and advice.