Dogs/Excessive Shedding/Breed Indentification

Hello, I got a Hound puppy in September who is 8 months old now.
His name is Camo and I just have a few general questions about him.

We took him to the vet in October and got him a completely clean bill of health. Recently, (since the middle of January) he has been shedding a ridiculous amount. My other 2 dogs are black and he is white, so you cannot walk through the house in dark clothes. It's terrible, i try to brush out his fur outside and there will be a blizzard of white fur. We have to vaccum everyday now, including the couches and we have bought a family pack of lint rollers. His fur is everywhere now, sticking to the walls and mirrors. I brush him every day, but it doesn't seem to help. I'm beginning to think that he might have a hormonal imbalance or thyroid issue. My parents have started to use the shop vac on him.

Despite losing a HUGE quantity of fur, his coat is still shiny, and full. He doesn't have a single thinning patch on him, but I think that he shold be bald by now. He is naturally thin-coated, but he looks and acts completely normal. I just don't know where all of the hair came from. SO if you could help, that would be great.
I was also wondering if you could offer some insight as to what breed of dog he might be. The shelter said Hound.
I think that he is an American fox hound mix, but my mom thinks he is a great dane, and my dad swears that he is a brown dalmation (I know that they are both wrong)
Background Information:
His birthday is June 12, 2012
He was 3 months old and only 10 lbs when I got him, but now he weighs around 65 lbs
He is not fat AT ALL! he is infact, rather skinny, but in great shape. Probably the perfect weight
He is extrememly energetic and has to be walked and/or played with everyday
He gets baths every month or so
He is pretty tall, taller than my Rottweiler and about as tall as my German Shepard
He is neutered, and still never lifts his leg or marks his territory, although he does mount other male dogs sometimes for dominance
super trainable, already knows a ton of tricks
despite being super energetic, he crashes hard and can sleep for hours.
He hasn't had flea medicine since the beginning of January, I've been meaning to buy more
he has extremely webbed toes
howls while he barks
has an EXTREMELY sensitive sense of smell
great with every single dog
likes to "play" with cats
tries to chase rodents
his ears are a little screwed up and sometimes sit on top of his head
great with little kids
He doesn't run, he more prances, extremely gracefully and can leap over just about any fence and play with neighborhood dogs
likes to dig
I'm not sure if he likes to swim yet, because we got him when it was beginning to get cold.
He started on puppy food, but kept stealing the Big Dogs' food, so he eventually began just eating that
very very very playful

OKay, so that was a lot of information, so hopefully you can give me some advice for vitamins or something.
And also if you have ANY idea what kind of dog he might be, that would be much appreciated, so we can settle this family despute.
Thank you,

I think your dog has some fox terrier or whippet in him.  In which case he will shed continuously.  The best thing to do is get a light weight dog shirt and put it on him when he is in the house.  It will cut down considerably on what goes on the rugs and furniture.  
He also looks like he has some pointer of some kind in him. If you want to know exactly what he has in him you can send his DNA in and they will let you know what is in his back ground.  If he has too many dogs, though, they may not be able to give a good reading.  If you would like that I will get in touch and give you the information.
There is a conditioner out that comes with a brush called the furminator. ( may have it)  Anyway, if you put it on the dog when he is dry then blow it out with a strong dryer, it does help a lot.  It is expensive so I think the shirt will be better.

Nancy Perry

You can ask me anything on dog training, dog breeding, dog grooming. What type of dog you should get. Pertinent facts about different breeds. I am also specifically knowledgeable about terriers and the diets that help maintain coat excellence. I have trained and helped owners train their dogs.

I have worked in dog training for 35 years. I have been a dog groomer for 25 years..

Certified trainer with Petsmart Certified Groomer with Petsmart

approximatedly 2 to three hundred clients since 1993