Dogs/strange wet spots

I have noticed wet spots on the bed and couch where my dog has been laying.  I have no idea what it can be.  It is clear, does not smell like anything and dries like water.  Usually we found the wet spots at random, and we thought it was just the dog licking the area since it was smaller.  Today however, it was a large spot like someone poured a cup of water on the couch, so much a little dripped onto the floor.  She does not seem to be doing anything out of the ordinary when it happens, just sleeping or lying down.  My dog is a Rottweiler mix, approximately 4 years old and spayed.

Thanks so much for your help,

Hi Jamie,

If your dog drinks enough water, her urine would be almost clear and not smell. Colorless urine with little to no odor indicates very dilute urine. Normally this is simply from drinking large quantities of water, which in itself can indicate a problem, such as diabetes or other conditions. There could certainly be other reasons, so don't panic.

Keep a close eye on exactly how much water she is drinking, and have her examined by your veterinarian. Until you see your vet, give your dog more frequent opportunities to go outside to relieve herself.

I hope I've been a help.
Best of luck,

To date, I've owned 7 dogs, all of which have lived into old age. Having cared for them in all stages of life, I feel I can offer sound advice to other pet owners, and people considering getting a dog. I am knowledgeable about the AKC (American Kennel Club) dog breeds, training and exercise, caring for sick and elderly pets, feeding, as well as many holistic treatments pets can benefit from. My only request is that you write me using standard English and punctuation.

My life experience in this field is more like "on the job training" rather than an actual degree in animal welfare. You may benefit from my experiences over the past 30 years. Aside from the dogs I've owned, I'm also involved in "breed rescue" and have fostered several dogs, all of which have been adopted to wonderful "forever homes". I find helping people who want a dog very rewarding.

Real life experience, based on over 30 years of dog ownership.