Dogs/2wk old puppys.

Question
When they was first born. The mother  wouldn't feed them.. only time she would if my husband and i was there helping her.. then we caught the mother dog,trying to lay on them or even press hard down w her head. She killed 2 of the pups.. that we think. She did. From sitting on them or laying her head on them. She never ate them. Well i was told if a puppy dies the mother usually eats them.. well this one didn't if that is true.. but anyway we brought the puppy into the house and we have been bottle feeding them w puppy milk..but noticed the one pups butt .. the hair is like clumping up and falling off.. soo we make sure they r wipped down w a warm washcloth.. (when they poop) but just now noticed another puppy hair is coming out around of the back of her neck.. what could it b? And how should i treat the problem? Thank and have a blessed day..

Answer
This is not a problem I have ever had, but mange is the first thing that comes to mind. You need to have your veterinarian check it out.

The puppies may have been killed from the cold. Newborns need to be kept in temps around 90 degrees. It sounds like the mother was trying to keep them warm, but couldn't.

Dogs

Karen Brittan