Dogs/dog bite

I have a cockapoo that is four months old.  The cutest thing about her is her big beautiful eyes.  she has dark eye lids that go around her eyes making them look big and beautiful.  I had my sons dog over the weekend and the dog bit my pup in the lower eye lid over a treat.  I took immediately to the vet and have antibiotic suave.  However, now i notice that her black lower eye lid which i adored is gone and it is pink where she got bit.  Will this stay scarred forever and her black eye lid never come back.  Thank you for your opinion.

Hi Sue,

Nobody can tell you if the change of skin color will be permanent or not. My guess is for you not to worry, as the skin heals it will may well revert back to it's normal pigment. It may take some time though.

I hope I've been a help.
Best of luck,

To date, I've owned 7 dogs, all of which have lived into old age. Having cared for them in all stages of life, I feel I can offer sound advice to other pet owners, and people considering getting a dog. I am knowledgeable about the AKC (American Kennel Club) dog breeds, training and exercise, caring for sick and elderly pets, feeding, as well as many holistic treatments pets can benefit from. My only request is that you write me using standard English and punctuation.

My life experience in this field is more like "on the job training" rather than an actual degree in animal welfare. You may benefit from my experiences over the past 30 years. Aside from the dogs I've owned, I'm also involved in "breed rescue" and have fostered several dogs, all of which have been adopted to wonderful "forever homes". I find helping people who want a dog very rewarding.

Real life experience, based on over 30 years of dog ownership.