Dogs/nursing chihuahua

Question
oreo\'s belly rash from nursing
oreo's belly rash from  
i have a chihuahua that had a littler of puppys about 8 days ago...she had 6 puppys...she has developed a rash thats leaking a light yellowish liquid and im not sure if thats normal or not for nursing dogs to have this its just around the 2 bottom nipples towards her back end and its not around none of the other nipples either...if you can please suggest something that i can do for her? awaiting your response...thanks

Answer
No, this is *NOT* normal!!!!! Get her into your vet ASAP!!!!! It might be something that would be contagious to the puppies, and they don't need any problems at this age. I am thinking staph infection... and that yellowish liquid is most likely pus, whatever the problem is. Your bitch needs to be seen by a vet... and it wouldn't hurt to have the puppies checked over, too.

Dogs

Karen Brittan