Dogs/my puppy ate ant poison

Question
If my puppy sniffed or ate some of my neighbors ant poison,would it kill him or make him very sick

Answer

Hi Matthew,

If your think your puppy ate anything dangerous, you should either contact your vet's office, or the ASPCA poison control number (888-426-4435. There is a fee for the call). Waiting for a response from an Internet helpline could mean life or death for your puppy.

You didn't say which brand of ant poison your think your puppy might have eaten, or what the active ingredient is in the brand. Something like Arsenic would be very dangerous, while Boric Acid would not be toxic.

If your puppy is acting lethargic, or has been vomiting, has excess mucus or blood in his stool, or isn't showing an interest in eating, hopefully you've already called your vet's office. If your puppy is acting just fine, eating and drinking like normal, and isn't vomiting, chances are you got off really lucky. Keep a closer eye on your puppy so there won't be a next time.

Best of luck,

Patti

Dogs

Patti