How do i get my dog to quit snapping at people?

Hi Heather,

Thank you for contacting me about your dog.  Without more information, such as age, breed, circumstances, neutering, etc it is impossible to give you advice about this situation.  If you can write back with details, then perhaps I can offer suggestions.  Under no circumstances should your dog be allowed to snap at people and if this is happening you need a trainer immediately to access the that uses ONLY positive reinforcement, such as clicker training.  You can also reach out to training information on line, in books written by trainers such as Karen Pryor, and learn to recognize your dog's body language, his needs and how to kindly deal with the situation.

Shelley Davis

Shelley Davis

Cageless Country Boarding, Holistic Health Concerns, Behavorial Concerns.

Crusader in the founding of Dog Runs in NYC Parks, instrumental in changing the law in NY State which allows Pet Facilitate Therapy into Acute Care Hospitals, accomplished artist and craftsperson, certified by Red Cross in pet first aid, pioneer in Children Reading To Dogs program in Ulster Co. NY, founder of Bed & Biscuit:Where Dogs Run Free,