Dogs/drying bones for dogs

I was wondering how to dry bones for my dog because a fresh cooked bone he always seems to throw up later.

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with drying bones for dogs. We feed raw bones to our dogs. We never feed or recommend anyone feed cooked bones to dogs because cooking them releases the marrow out of them and they become splintery.

This obviously can be a hazard to dogs.

We do however sell some large bones that have been smoked. This light heating and smoking process keeps them pliable and safe for dogs.

You also have to be careful of giving too much marrow filled bones to dogs as the marrow is very rich and can cause upset stomachs.

So basically you can feed him raw bones, the way nature intended our dogs to have them and they are the best tooth brush or you may research how to slow smoke bones for dogs and see if that might work for you.

For us, it's safer and easier to just give them raw bones.

I hope this helps, let me know if I can do anything else for you.

Roger McLeskey

Can answer all nutritional information for all dogs. Common problems with food, supplements, weight control, allergies, fleas, etc. Questions regarding raw food, homemade food, skin & coat issues, ect. Can't and/or will not do medicinal type questions that the vet takes care of.

I am certified in Dog Nutrition. Over 6 years now I've owned a natural pet food retail store. I've worked with hundreds of dogs and there owners to achieve better health. We promote a healthy balanced species related diet. This is the way nature made your pet to thrive. Fortunately for those who cannot or wish not to feed a raw based diet, there are alternatives with supplements and cooked food. Just don't let processed food be there only diet. Food is the most powerful medicine. Heal the core of the animal and the rest will take care of itself. We've turned the lives of many dogs around. There parents come back into the store and comment to us on how there dog acts like a real dog again. Our business is thriving and we continue to help many.

We work with Second Chance Companions, Must Love Dogs, members of ASPCA, HSUSA and started our own personal "Red Head Rescue" (non chartered) for stray dogs and rescue dogs from high kill shelters. We've been able to heal the many health ailments these dogs have and place them in good homes.

Dog Food Decoded - How To Choose A Health Diet For Your Dog and Your Budget - Available on Amazon in Kindle format or Paperback. Various articles for in store and web.

Certified - Canine Nutrition Level Three. Last 7 years I've been working with veterinarians, holistic veterinarians, attending seminars and best of all, real life experience with hundreds of customer dogs and cats. I've seen what works and does not work. Feeding a proper species appropriate diet works for most ailments. We've taken away our petís natural diet and caused most of todayís problems.

Many satisfied pet owners coming to our store for nutritional help and advice.