Dogs/Identifying dog breed

Question
Dog
Dog  
QUESTION: Can you tell me what kind of dog this is? I have attached a picture. Thanks

ANSWER: Hi Rachael,

It looks to me like that dog is a Beagle mix. The only way to know a mixed breeds true breed heritage is to do a DNA test on it. That isn't expensive, It runs about $65.

Mixed breed digs are usually healthier than their purebred cousins, and make wonderful loving pets.
Whatever the breed, all that matters is that you love him/her!

I hope I've been a help.
Patti

QUESTION: Thanks so much Patti! can you tell if he has any pitbull in him?

Answer

Hello again,

His face looks awfully Beagle/Hound-ish to me. I can't judge his size or bone structure from the picture. It's totally possible that he's got Pitbull in him, but my opinion and $1 will buy you a cup of coffee. It's by no means a definitive answer.

If this is something that really matters to you, you should consider springing for the DNA test. It's a simple test you can do at home, find them online by doing a web search for: "dog breed DNA test", or ask your vet to refer a DNA test.

Patti

Dogs

Patti