Someone dumped a dog by our house, and I was wondering if you could tell me what breed it is. I'm guessing it is actually some kind of lab mix, but the face doesn't look like a lab.

What a beautiful dog...I would say she has some pit in her and maybe some American bulldog.  She could also have some Australian Shepherd in her even though she isn't hairy. She has that pretty liver color and intensity.  Of course a lot of those dogs like the pit and bulldog are related back in their own history. I would say bulldog and pit and lab for the most part.  It is very hard to tell from pictures even though your photography was fabulous.  It's the little things sometimes that are missed in photos like a way of moving or doing things that give more clues to what types of breeds are in the history.  For example, German Shepherds move a certain way that is unmistakable.
Hope this helps

Nancy Perry

You can ask me anything on dog training, dog breeding, dog grooming. What type of dog you should get. Pertinent facts about different breeds. I am also specifically knowledgeable about terriers and the diets that help maintain coat excellence. I have trained and helped owners train their dogs.

I have worked in dog training for 35 years. I have been a dog groomer for 25 years..

Certified trainer with Petsmart Certified Groomer with Petsmart

approximatedly 2 to three hundred clients since 1993