Dogs/Valley Fever Holistic Treatment

Hi, I have a 3r old dog about 60 pounds.  She was recently diagnosed with valley fever, and I would like to do holistic treatment.  I have done a fair amount of research and have come up with the following treatment.  

3000mg of vitamin c
a probiotic for dogs(haven't decided which one yet#
2 cloves of garlic a day
Pau D'arco 1/2 of an adult dose
Echinacea 3grams per day
astrogalus 1875 mg per day
grape seed extract#I cant find proper dosage for dogs)

If you could please help me out with dosage and any advice I would greatly appreciate it.

Hi Elisabeth,

Thank you for contacting me about your dog's diagnosis.  I am not a vet so I cannot directly advise you on these supplements but 3000mg of Vit C seems that it might effect your dog's intestinal system and cause diarreah.  Additionally, garlic can be toxic so be very careful.

I would highly recommend working with a holistic vet, someone like Dr Kruesi from Cold River Animal Hospital who can guide you, or someone in the western part of the country that is familiar with this condition.

I did a little research and came up with this website that looks promising:

This may actually be where you got your protocol from.  The best advice I can give to you is to find a really great holistic vet that is familiar with this condition and have that person guide you and your dog safely through the protocol.  I would also add in Milk Thistle by GAIA to cleanse the liver through this process.

Best of luck
Shelley Davis  

Shelley Davis

Cageless Country Boarding, Holistic Health Concerns, Behavorial Concerns.

Crusader in the founding of Dog Runs in NYC Parks, instrumental in changing the law in NY State which allows Pet Facilitate Therapy into Acute Care Hospitals, accomplished artist and craftsperson, certified by Red Cross in pet first aid, pioneer in Children Reading To Dogs program in Ulster Co. NY, founder of Bed & Biscuit:Where Dogs Run Free,