Dogs/My dog

Hello I'm worried about my dog, she's pregnant and is due sometime this week. One of her teats is extremely swollen and red, a lot bigger than the rest. Her breathing is rather bad too, she's breathing very fast but she has a few days left. Could you help and explain if my dog is ok?

Hi Shannon,
This is one of those times when I will tell you to take her to the vet ASAP as she could have an infection which could result in your losing her and the whole litter.  It may not be that, but if it were me, with all the experience I have, I would be playing it safe and getting her to the vet as soon as possible.  Don't take any chances or delays in this instance be on the safe side.

Nancy Perry

You can ask me anything on dog training, dog breeding, dog grooming. What type of dog you should get. Pertinent facts about different breeds. I am also specifically knowledgeable about terriers and the diets that help maintain coat excellence. I have trained and helped owners train their dogs.

I have worked in dog training for 35 years. I have been a dog groomer for 25 years..

Certified trainer with Petsmart Certified Groomer with Petsmart

approximatedly 2 to three hundred clients since 1993