Dogs/My dog

Question
Hello I'm worried about my dog, she's pregnant and is due sometime this week. One of her teats is extremely swollen and red, a lot bigger than the rest. Her breathing is rather bad too, she's breathing very fast but she has a few days left. Could you help and explain if my dog is ok?

Answer
Hi Shannon,
This is one of those times when I will tell you to take her to the vet ASAP as she could have an infection which could result in your losing her and the whole litter.  It may not be that, but if it were me, with all the experience I have, I would be playing it safe and getting her to the vet as soon as possible.  Don't take any chances or delays in this instance be on the safe side.
Nancy

Dogs

Nancy Perry