Dogs/natrual flea and tick repellant

Hi Roger,
I wanted to know what ingredients such as lemongrass that are edible could be used to repel fleas and ticks from the inside out?  I would bake them into a cookie.

Hi Carly,

Many companies use garlic in there editable flea treats/foods. Too much is not good so I would look maybe to purchase treats formulated with garlic or find specific recipes.

I've never heard of anyone using lemongrass but it may be possible.

There are other natural flea products to put on the animal as well. We don't sell chemical based ones, only natural ones.

You can look for Natural Defense as a good natural chemical free product. Another one is Diatomaceous earth. It's a fine powder that you rub into the dogs fur. The fleas walk through this powder and it sticks to them and they dehydrate and die off.

If you want to make treats or food for yourself, search for recipes that include garlic as it is widely used in natural flea treatment.

Here is a website you might look over for further information and/or what ingredients they use:

I hope this helps, if you need anything else, let me know.

Roger McLeskey

Can answer all nutritional information for all dogs. Common problems with food, supplements, weight control, allergies, fleas, etc. Questions regarding raw food, homemade food, skin & coat issues, ect. Can't and/or will not do medicinal type questions that the vet takes care of.

I am certified in Dog Nutrition. Over 6 years now I've owned a natural pet food retail store. I've worked with hundreds of dogs and there owners to achieve better health. We promote a healthy balanced species related diet. This is the way nature made your pet to thrive. Fortunately for those who cannot or wish not to feed a raw based diet, there are alternatives with supplements and cooked food. Just don't let processed food be there only diet. Food is the most powerful medicine. Heal the core of the animal and the rest will take care of itself. We've turned the lives of many dogs around. There parents come back into the store and comment to us on how there dog acts like a real dog again. Our business is thriving and we continue to help many.

We work with Second Chance Companions, Must Love Dogs, members of ASPCA, HSUSA and started our own personal "Red Head Rescue" (non chartered) for stray dogs and rescue dogs from high kill shelters. We've been able to heal the many health ailments these dogs have and place them in good homes.

Dog Food Decoded - How To Choose A Health Diet For Your Dog and Your Budget - Available on Amazon in Kindle format or Paperback. Various articles for in store and web.

Certified - Canine Nutrition Level Three. Last 7 years I've been working with veterinarians, holistic veterinarians, attending seminars and best of all, real life experience with hundreds of customer dogs and cats. I've seen what works and does not work. Feeding a proper species appropriate diet works for most ailments. We've taken away our petís natural diet and caused most of todayís problems.

Many satisfied pet owners coming to our store for nutritional help and advice.