Dogs/Sheep dog mix mats

Hi Susan,
I have always taken my mini sheep dog mix to a groomer but cannot afford it any more. I am a hairdresser and feel I can shear my dog but was wondering about the best and most effective type of clipper to use. Can you suggest one?

Hi Joanne,

I love the Andis clippers.  For that type of coat, you should get a Professional 2-speed clipper.
Included is a website to view all the clippers and blades you will need to go alone with your new clipper.
They have the greatest prices as well.

Hope this helps.
Susan Potts  

Susan Potts

I am a professional dog groomer and can help you with your dog's grooming needs. I also love to study pet foods and can help you with choosing a good food for your pet. Nutrition by supplements for health is also a topic I enjoy talking about.

Over 17 years for professional dog and cat grooming. Nearly five year combined of studying pet health and nutrition. Four plus years as an independent field representative with Flint River Ranch pet food and three plus years as a representative in the HealthyPetNet business featuring Life's Abundance dog and cat food, treats, vitamins and grooming care products. Over two years as a distributor for NuVet Plus pet supplements. Teaching clients and giving nutritional support to help with their pet's well being. Owner of Spotts Grooming and Holistic Pet

The Healthy Dog, Spotts Dog Care

On the job training as a brusher/bather for one year. Basic groomer for three years. Certificate groomer from Groom Expo 2004 Home studies of Groomer In A box and continuing education at groom expos through out the country.

17 years of grooming clients, Pet food and supplement customers through out the United States and Canada