Dogs/Trimming Yorkies

Question
I am trying to trim my Yorkies myself.  How can I avoid that choppy look I am getting? Also, what size blade on body, legs, head?
Thank you

Answer
Hi Marika,

I'm not sure what happened to my first response to you but here it is again.

I like to use a comb attachment over a 30 Andis blade to give a natural looking shorter clip on the back.  You can use a 7f ( f stands for finishing blade) or a 5f, 4f on the body.  The legs are normally scissored.  To trim the head you can just use scissors to cut the hair in front of the eyes.  Comb forward over the eyes, hold the hair between your figures and carefully trim.  Comb all the hair to each side toward the ears and trim the same length.  You can use a 10 blade and just trim the tips of the ears.  Be very careful of the edge of the tiny ears.  You can also use scissors to trim hair on the edges, but use your figure as a guide.

Hope this helps.
Susan Potts
www.spottsgrooming.com
www.pipschoice.com  

Dogs

Susan Potts