I had two dogs, a labrador and pitbull for 12 years. My labrador died in a dog shelter three days ago.
The two dogs were inseparable as they slept and played together.

Now that the lab is gone, the pit -bull wonders around the house, ( I believe ) searching for her missing partner.
My dog takes deep sighs once, the in a while.  If dogs get depressed as humans, can my pit-bull die from depression?

Hi Ernie,

So sorry to hear about your lab.  Dogs do have a time of depression when their buddy is gone.  I suggest that you keep your dog busy and in time your pit bull will get better.  Try taking some walks, playing tug, fetch, give some yummy treats, anything you normally do.

Susan Potts

Susan Potts

I am a professional dog groomer and can help you with your dog's grooming needs. I also love to study pet foods and can help you with choosing a good food for your pet. Nutrition by supplements for health is also a topic I enjoy talking about.

Over 17 years for professional dog and cat grooming. Nearly five year combined of studying pet health and nutrition. Four plus years as an independent field representative with Flint River Ranch pet food and three plus years as a representative in the HealthyPetNet business featuring Life's Abundance dog and cat food, treats, vitamins and grooming care products. Over two years as a distributor for NuVet Plus pet supplements. Teaching clients and giving nutritional support to help with their pet's well being. Owner of Spotts Grooming and Holistic Pet

The Healthy Dog, Spotts Dog Care

On the job training as a brusher/bather for one year. Basic groomer for three years. Certificate groomer from Groom Expo 2004 Home studies of Groomer In A box and continuing education at groom expos through out the country.

17 years of grooming clients, Pet food and supplement customers through out the United States and Canada