Dogs/depression

Question
I had two dogs, a labrador and pitbull for 12 years. My labrador died in a dog shelter three days ago.
The two dogs were inseparable as they slept and played together.

Now that the lab is gone, the pit -bull wonders around the house, ( I believe ) searching for her missing partner.
My dog takes deep sighs once, the in a while.  If dogs get depressed as humans, can my pit-bull die from depression?

Answer
Hi Ernie,

So sorry to hear about your lab.  Dogs do have a time of depression when their buddy is gone.  I suggest that you keep your dog busy and in time your pit bull will get better.  Try taking some walks, playing tug, fetch, give some yummy treats, anything you normally do.

Susan Potts
www.spottsgrooming.com

Dogs

Susan Potts