Dogs/dog grooming

How does someone become a dog groomer?  I'm looking for a part time career that could turn into full time...I love dogs and used to groom my own dog...

Hi Jackie,

I got into the business by starting out as a dog bather.  If you have groomers around you that would take you on as free help in exchange for learning that's a great way to enter the business.  Also, there are schools that teach grooming.  

Check out the online groomers forums, Facebook groups, and get yourself some grooming books.  These will help you learn the methods, products, and new trends that are bustling in the pet industry.

You say you have a love for dogs, did you know you can have your very own pet food business?  I do this alone with my grooming shop.  Come on over a check this opportunity out too.  You may like to give this a try as well.

Hope you find a place to start.  It's a great industry to be in.
Susan Potts  

Susan Potts

I am a professional dog groomer and can help you with your dog's grooming needs. I also love to study pet foods and can help you with choosing a good food for your pet. Nutrition by supplements for health is also a topic I enjoy talking about.

Over 17 years for professional dog and cat grooming. Nearly five year combined of studying pet health and nutrition. Four plus years as an independent field representative with Flint River Ranch pet food and three plus years as a representative in the HealthyPetNet business featuring Life's Abundance dog and cat food, treats, vitamins and grooming care products. Over two years as a distributor for NuVet Plus pet supplements. Teaching clients and giving nutritional support to help with their pet's well being. Owner of Spotts Grooming and Holistic Pet

The Healthy Dog, Spotts Dog Care

On the job training as a brusher/bather for one year. Basic groomer for three years. Certificate groomer from Groom Expo 2004 Home studies of Groomer In A box and continuing education at groom expos through out the country.

17 years of grooming clients, Pet food and supplement customers through out the United States and Canada