Dogs/breedingafterneutered

Question
My male chihuahua was neutered,but is humping my female and they tied.Is he still able to breed her? I thought after he was fixed I did not have to separatethem.

Answer
Helen,

It depends.  How long ago was he neutered?

If recently, he may still have what it takes to breed.

If he was neutered and they only got one testicle, he could still be fertile.

If he had been sexually active before neutering, it is still in his memory and he can still like breeding and still function that way, although should not be able to reproduce.

Humping is not necessarily a sexual performance for a male dog, it can also be a dominant action (in this instance it was sexual).

nancy  

Dogs

Nancy Perry