My male chihuahua was neutered,but is humping my female and they tied.Is he still able to breed her? I thought after he was fixed I did not have to separatethem.

It depends.  How long ago was he neutered?

If recently, he may still have what it takes to breed.

If he was neutered and they only got one testicle, he could still be fertile.

If he had been sexually active before neutering, it is still in his memory and he can still like breeding and still function that way, although should not be able to reproduce.

Humping is not necessarily a sexual performance for a male dog, it can also be a dominant action (in this instance it was sexual).

Nancy Perry

You can ask me anything on dog training, dog breeding, dog grooming. What type of dog you should get. Pertinent facts about different breeds. I am also specifically knowledgeable about terriers and the diets that help maintain coat excellence. I have trained and helped owners train their dogs.

I have worked in dog training for 35 years. I have been a dog groomer for 25 years..

Certified trainer with Petsmart Certified Groomer with Petsmart

approximatedly 2 to three hundred clients since 1993