Dogs/dog allergies?

I again Yesterday i asked about my mixed breed dog and today is the same. For the past 1-2 years my corgi mix has been chewing off hair on her front paws. Now they are open sores and we don't understand why she's doing that. When we first got her she did not have that problem for about 2 years living with our 2 cats. She started doing that after we brought more pets into our home (8 rats, 2 bunnies,and fish). Could she be allergic to the other pets?

It's possible but dogs also get something called a "hot spot" They will chew until its bald and bleeding and then chew on it some more. Some do it because of stress or boredom. There are a few things you can do. The first is buy a bottle of bitter apple spray. Its a white bottle with a yellow and green label,you can find it at your local pet shop. It is all natural and it works great. It will not stain your carpet or furniture and you spray it on the bald spot and your dog will not chew on it any more. You can also take her to the vet for a skin scrape and find out if it is an allergy.  

Canine Compulsive Disorder is a psychological condition present in approximately 2 percent of dogs. Not all dogs with this disorder lick their paws. Foot chewing is only one possible symptom. Dogs with CCD who do lick their paws frequently lick so often and so intensely that skin infections and lick granulomas occur. The will lick the feet until they are sore and bleed.

I found CCD on the internet,i read about it in a magazine years ago but there is such a small percent of dogs that get it i would think hot spot or allergy first. Please let me know what you find out.

Any questions about caring for your puppy up to your older dogs. How to crate train your dog. the best food for your dog,Questions about the breed.If i can not answer your question i will point you in the right direction.

Over ten years in the dog business. Taking care of pups including meds and exercise

I volunteer at our local shelter

Check out Look up Skipper...There are 3. My Rhodesion Ridgeback lived to be 15 years old. He went to the rainbow bridge 4 years ago. We just got Buddy...He is a golden mix. His first parents both worked and he was alone most of the day. We drove 3 hours to get him.

Worked 3 years as a vet tech