Dogs/Puppy nightmare :(

jtrainer wrote at 2013-10-26 14:33:55
a professional trainer and every time someone new asks for advise the first thing I ask is “What program are you working?” Well, 99% of the time the answer is none or what do you mean. That’s THE #1 problem with dog owners training their own dog.

I cant stress enough that to properly train a dog, you need a system. A system that starts with establishing you as the ALPHA and building from there. ALL training problems boil down to 2 basic problems, #1 the dog owner never established themselves as the ALPHA, and #2 The owner used force or intimidation in place of being the ALPHA.

The simple fact is YOU CANNOT TRAIN A DOG THAT DOES NOT VIEW YOU AS THE ALPHA OR PACK LEADER, PERIOD. If someone says otherwise they don't know what they are talking about. I use the same system for every dog I train and it works perfectly every time. I agree every dog is different and no two ever progress exactly the same, BUT every dog responds perfectly to the same consistent system.

The try this, try that, approach is hap hazard and rarely produces good results and normally the person gives up or brings their dog to someone like me. The thing is, if a person follows the same system I use they WILL get quality lasting results and cure ANY behavior problem. Most of the time following a system heads off problems before they become major issues.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE people take the time to work a high quality training system. You will be amazed how quickly your dog will respond when you use a system he can understand. The best gift you can give your dog is to teach him to behave as we expect. Any dog can learn, give him a structured approach to learning and you will have a perfect pet.

Shelley Davis

Cageless Country Boarding, Holistic Health Concerns, Behavorial Concerns.

Crusader in the founding of Dog Runs in NYC Parks, instrumental in changing the law in NY State which allows Pet Facilitate Therapy into Acute Care Hospitals, accomplished artist and craftsperson, certified by Red Cross in pet first aid, pioneer in Children Reading To Dogs program in Ulster Co. NY, founder of Bed & Biscuit:Where Dogs Run Free,