Hi, My 12 yr old female mini schnauzer has developed cataracts as told to me by my vet, he gave me a place to have surgery, wow expensive, any advice as to where I can find help with cost or where else I might look for options etc...??? I live in PA. Or any other avenues, tried a few things did not work, like fish oil & msm etc.   I feel bad for her and would like to get her the surgery.  Thanks

Hi Deb,

Thank you for writing to me about your dog's cataracts.  Bravo to you for looking for alternatives to surgery.  Here are some links that will be helpful:

It is absolutely possible to avoid surgery.

Best of luck

Shelley Davis

Shelley Davis

Cageless Country Boarding, Holistic Health Concerns, Behavorial Concerns.

Crusader in the founding of Dog Runs in NYC Parks, instrumental in changing the law in NY State which allows Pet Facilitate Therapy into Acute Care Hospitals, accomplished artist and craftsperson, certified by Red Cross in pet first aid, pioneer in Children Reading To Dogs program in Ulster Co. NY, founder of Bed & Biscuit:Where Dogs Run Free,