Dogs/Great Pyrenees

QUESTION: we have a 4 week old Great Pyrenees puppy, she is starting to eat canned soft food. and i just have couple of questions. 1st i'm asking about vaccination, what type of vacc and how many times do i need to vacc her and about dewormer and what kind of dewormer and when should i deworm her.i'm also asking about should i feed her raw food when she gets older and how often and what kind of raw food. she is going to be an LGD. thank you so much

ANSWER: You got your pup a little early. 8 weeks is the right time to take a puppy away from its mother. It would be best to go to a pet shop and get a puppy feeder bottle. If she fusses at night you can buy a wind up clock and keep it next to her. The ticking sound will make her feel like its her moms heart beat. I am not a fan of raw food, this is something you can talk to your vet about. I feed my dog dry food with a half can of wet for flavor. I hope the list helps you out. Thank you for the question. Feel free to ask any us anything. Enjoy your new dog ;-)

Here is a list of shots for the first year.

Puppy Vaccination Schedule
Puppy’s Age   Recommended Vaccinations   Optional Vaccinations
6 to 8 weeks   Distemper,    Bordetella
10 to 12 weeks   DHPP (vaccines for distemper, adenovirus [hepatitis], parainfluenza, and parvovirus)   Coronavirus, Leptospirosis, Bordatella, Lyme disease
12 to 24 weeks   Rabies   None
14 to 16 weeks   DHPP   Coronavirus, Lyme disease, Leptospirosis
12 to 16 months   Rabies, DHPP   Coronavirus, Leptospirosis, Bordetella, Lyme disease

QUESTION: she makes a mess of the bottle so i put the milk in a bowl and she goes at it , and she finishes it. and she eats soft can food now. or do i need to do something diff

ANSWER: If she is eating and drinking you are good to go. You did a good job with her. Stay away from raw hide. It is very difficult for dogs to digest. Go with all natural treats pigs ears,bully sticks and nylabones and greenies are a favorite for most dogs. Sorry it took a few days to reply. The flu has beat me down a bit. Take care and enjoy your new baby ;-)

QUESTION: sorry to bother you again, how should i switch her to dry food and what is the best puppy dry/soft food there is. and when she is grown what is the best dog food for a great pyrenees. thank you again GOD Bless

It's never a bother. I enjoy this. Stay away from the big box stores walmart target etc. Get the food from a pet or pup shop and stay natural. The first ingredient should be chicken or beef or lamb or fish. Stay away from corn or oats. Dogs never chased a corn or oat field it is just a filler they do not need.If you have a nice pup shop near you ask them what they feed their puppies. You can add dry food at any time as long as the kibble is small but add a good spoon size of wet food for flavor. I ran 4 different pup shops and all 4 always added wet food for flavor.We are always here for you. ;-)

Any questions about caring for your puppy up to your older dogs. How to crate train your dog. the best food for your dog,Questions about the breed.If i can not answer your question i will point you in the right direction.

Over ten years in the dog business. Taking care of pups including meds and exercise

I volunteer at our local shelter

Check out Look up Skipper...There are 3. My Rhodesion Ridgeback lived to be 15 years old. He went to the rainbow bridge 4 years ago. We just got Buddy...He is a golden mix. His first parents both worked and he was alone most of the day. We drove 3 hours to get him.

Worked 3 years as a vet tech