Dogs/Great Pyrenees

Question
i just have a ques about great pyr, or dogs in general. we have great pyr puppy and its going to be lgd and our prob with the herd is stray dogs. and i was wondering if the dogs are in season would they seek stray dogs or are they going to be satisfied with each other, the male pyr and the female pyr. thank you

Answer
Stmmfarm,
They will breed with any dog.  Your male may fight them off, but while he is fighting one dog, another may breed with the female.  He will not be protecting the herd while this is going on.
Get her spayed and he will be able to protect the herd and not worry about other dogs breeding her.
nancy

Dogs

Nancy Perry