Dogs/Great Pyrenees

i just have a ques about great pyr, or dogs in general. we have great pyr puppy and its going to be lgd and our prob with the herd is stray dogs. and i was wondering if the dogs are in season would they seek stray dogs or are they going to be satisfied with each other, the male pyr and the female pyr. thank you

They will breed with any dog.  Your male may fight them off, but while he is fighting one dog, another may breed with the female.  He will not be protecting the herd while this is going on.
Get her spayed and he will be able to protect the herd and not worry about other dogs breeding her.

Nancy Perry

You can ask me anything on dog training, dog breeding, dog grooming. What type of dog you should get. Pertinent facts about different breeds. I am also specifically knowledgeable about terriers and the diets that help maintain coat excellence. I have trained and helped owners train their dogs.

I have worked in dog training for 35 years. I have been a dog groomer for 25 years..

Certified trainer with Petsmart Certified Groomer with Petsmart

approximatedly 2 to three hundred clients since 1993