Dogs/dogs eye color

My female boxer with brown eye color and my male pit bull terrier with amber eye color had puppies. Why do all of their puppies have grey eyes? The puppies are now 6 months old and they all still have grey eyes.

Hi Dawn,
Most of the boxers I have seen, have brown eyes, but most of the pit bull's I have seen have had grey eyes.  I would imagine that the ancester's of your amber eyed pit must have a lot of grey eyed dogs.  Most of the grey eyed dogs I know are of the blue variety, does he have tht in his back ground?

Nancy Perry

You can ask me anything on dog training, dog breeding, dog grooming. What type of dog you should get. Pertinent facts about different breeds. I am also specifically knowledgeable about terriers and the diets that help maintain coat excellence. I have trained and helped owners train their dogs.

I have worked in dog training for 35 years. I have been a dog groomer for 25 years..

Certified trainer with Petsmart Certified Groomer with Petsmart

approximatedly 2 to three hundred clients since 1993