I hope you remember me. Well I have finally got a dog! But there's an issue.

When I got the dog, it had lice issues and would scratch at recurring time intervals. So after a few days, I promptly bathed him in warm water with an anti lice shampoo. All I can is that it was hard work as the puppy was screaming and yelping uncontrollably. It took 3 people to bath him!

But after the bath the itches were like 90% gone. But the fur is still quite damaged by the lice. So what should I do to recover the fur?

You may have to bath him again, check on the life cycle of the particular lice he has.  The life cycle can range from one to three weeks.  You have to rebathe when the eggs hatch.  Give him omega three fatty acids to renew his coat.  You did not say what type of dog.  If he is wire coated he will need a high fat diet plus the omega three fatty acid.  If a smooth coat or another type coat the omega three will be fine.   A good coat conditioner wouldn't hurt either, although diet is the best what comes from the inside is the most resiliant.

Nancy Perry

You can ask me anything on dog training, dog breeding, dog grooming. What type of dog you should get. Pertinent facts about different breeds. I am also specifically knowledgeable about terriers and the diets that help maintain coat excellence. I have trained and helped owners train their dogs.

I have worked in dog training for 35 years. I have been a dog groomer for 25 years..

Certified trainer with Petsmart Certified Groomer with Petsmart

approximatedly 2 to three hundred clients since 1993