Dogs/need to put my dog to sleep

My dog is 10 years old in last 24 hrs she has refused all food isnt wetting and she has a  an  external mamary  round growth the size of  a fist and she cant move her  I havent worked in a few years so I dont have the money at  all  to have her brought in to be looked at  she's in her last hours and  IF THERES ANYWAY TO HAVE MY DOG PICKED UP AND PUT DOWN  I dont have much choice to let her pass without comfort  thanks  for your help    Jerry

Hi Jerry,

If you are able to pay a vet to euthanize your dog, you may be able to afford to have your dog diagnosed and treated. Though no one can diagnose your dog over the internet, you might want to ask a veterinarian to give an opinion or give treatment options. You can send a vet a message for free here:

While you might not be able to afford to pay for a veterinary visit, you may be able to find a vet who will allow you to pay your bill off over an agreed upon period of time. First talk to any vet you've used in the past. Ask your veterinarian if he or she will let you work out a payment plan. Many veterinarians are willing to work out a weekly or monthly payment plan so that you do not have to pay the entire cost of veterinary care up front. Another option is to contact local animal shelters or the Humane Society. Some shelters operate or know of local subsidized veterinary clinics or veterinary assistance programs. If you happen to live within driving distance to veterinary school, check with them to see if they offer discount services to the public.

There are two special credit cards to apply for which help with medical bills (including veterinary bills) read about them here:

There are organizations that provide financial assistance to pet owners in need. Please keep in mind that each organization is independent and has their own set of rules and guidelines. Therefore you will have to investigate each one separately to determine if you qualify for assistance:

Best of luck,

To date, I've owned 7 dogs, all of which have lived into old age. Having cared for them in all stages of life, I feel I can offer sound advice to other pet owners, and people considering getting a dog. I am knowledgeable about the AKC (American Kennel Club) dog breeds, training and exercise, caring for sick and elderly pets, feeding, as well as many holistic treatments pets can benefit from. My only request is that you write me using standard English and punctuation.

My life experience in this field is more like "on the job training" rather than an actual degree in animal welfare. You may benefit from my experiences over the past 30 years. Aside from the dogs I've owned, I'm also involved in "breed rescue" and have fostered several dogs, all of which have been adopted to wonderful "forever homes". I find helping people who want a dog very rewarding.

Real life experience, based on over 30 years of dog ownership.