Dogs/Pug's heat

I have a pug and she is 9 months now. I noticed her vulva swollen and a very slight red blood sign about 4 days back and from yesterday the swelling is more and bleeding in pink little more. I need her to have a litter and please instruct me as when to arrange her mate.
Thank you

First of all, a nine month old is too young to breed.  You should wait until the dog is fully developed before you breed her, about a year in little dogs, eighteen months in large dogs.  The risk of eclampsia is high in dogs that aren't fully developed.   You should also wait for a second heat.  When she is in heat the second time, start counting the first day you see blood as day one.  On the eleventh and the thirteenth day is when you want to breed her IF  she is swollen enough to accept a male, if her color is light at that time, and if she is encouraging the male by "flagging" which means she puts her tail up and to the side so he has access to her.

Nancy Perry

You can ask me anything on dog training, dog breeding, dog grooming. What type of dog you should get. Pertinent facts about different breeds. I am also specifically knowledgeable about terriers and the diets that help maintain coat excellence. I have trained and helped owners train their dogs.

I have worked in dog training for 35 years. I have been a dog groomer for 25 years..

Certified trainer with Petsmart Certified Groomer with Petsmart

approximatedly 2 to three hundred clients since 1993