Dogs/poop eating

Does adding accent or pumpkin to kibble work for this problem?

Hi Carla

Thank you for writing to me regarding your dog's poop eating.  Sorry for the delay...I had a family emergency recently.

What I always recommend for this problem is adding a high quality digestive enzyme to the food.  Sometimes if a dog is not properly digesting their food, the smell of the poop is enticing to them because it still has undigested fragments in it.

Also, a high quality food where a dog is getting all the nutrients it needs usually prevents a dog from wanting to eat poop.  I don't know what you are feeding so I am unable to determine if that could be part of the problem?  I can say that dog food should be based on animal protein, not on soy, corn, wheat or other grains...Check to see what ingredients are in the food.  You might also have to add a vitamin/mineral.

Best of luck.
Shelley Davis

Shelley Davis

Cageless Country Boarding, Holistic Health Concerns, Behavorial Concerns.

Crusader in the founding of Dog Runs in NYC Parks, instrumental in changing the law in NY State which allows Pet Facilitate Therapy into Acute Care Hospitals, accomplished artist and craftsperson, certified by Red Cross in pet first aid, pioneer in Children Reading To Dogs program in Ulster Co. NY, founder of Bed & Biscuit:Where Dogs Run Free,