Dogs/Belly hernia

I have a possibly pregnant pekingese and I just noticed that her bubble on her belly is a hernia. I would like to know as much information as possible (that you know) regarding pregnant dogs with hernias. When she breathes it pushes out. I want to make her feel as comfortable as possible during pregnancy. If pregnant she is very early into it.

Without being able to examine the hernia, I cannot tell you what type it is.  I can tell you that my dogs have them, they are inherited and that I have not had any trouble with birthing with these hernias.  That does not mean that your dog would not have trouble though.  The best thing to do would be to have a vet check it out. He will be able to tell, if there would be a problem or not.  It depends on the severity and condition of it.
Good luck.

Nancy Perry

You can ask me anything on dog training, dog breeding, dog grooming. What type of dog you should get. Pertinent facts about different breeds. I am also specifically knowledgeable about terriers and the diets that help maintain coat excellence. I have trained and helped owners train their dogs.

I have worked in dog training for 35 years. I have been a dog groomer for 25 years..

Certified trainer with Petsmart Certified Groomer with Petsmart

approximatedly 2 to three hundred clients since 1993