Dogs/2 chihuahua adoption

Question
I have a family with 2 children ages 5 and 12.  We have fallen in love with a brother and sister pair of chihuahuas that will turn 1 next month.  They have been been in a loving home with a couple since they were born.  Is it best to adopt them both and keep them together, would it make their adjustment easier?  What is the best way to socialize them with other people and animals? We want to include them in as much as possible.

Answer
Kerri,

Thank you  for the question.

It would be better to take both of them. They have been together since birth and without each other they would most likely be sad. Yes it would make the adjustment easier. You didn't say if you had other dogs. If you do let them meet someplace away from the house. Tell your dog at home that you got them a present. Then bring all 3 into the house at the same time reminding your dog at home they are for him/her. Other animals  Like a cat that will just be a "One day at a time " thing. Cats most of the time don't really care.

As for people....Involve the new dogs when you do family things...watch tv stuff like that. Please feel free to ask any follow ups to your question and good luck with the new pups

Gary
thepuppyguy@yahoo.com

Dogs

Gary