Dogs/breeding dogs

Hi Leigh-Anne
I want to  know how many years can you breed a miniature
Schnauzer female before it becomes dangerous for the dog to do so

Hi Terry...
Your question is not a straight forward age response,  so before I can give you a definitive answer there are moral and ethical issues to be addressed. As I don't know your circumstance or knowledge base,  I'll answer on the pretense that you are not familiar with breeding.
Firstly, I need to say this.straight up ...a dog is not a breeding machine for monetary gain. I, like all responsible animal lovers am against puppy breeding farms for monetary gain due to the abhorrent treatment those poor dogs endure.  Having said that, I'm not, in any way insinuating that's what you're doing however before a pet owner wants to breed they do need to do a lot of homework to ensure they can breed responsibly and ethically in the very best interest of the breed, bitch and pups and done according to your governing body for animal care and ethical breeding in your home town. Many states, council zones and countries have varying laws and regulations that cover ages, breeds, registering on mains or limited papers,  how, who, when, why and for how long breeding requirements for registered breeders. If one is not registered with the governing body known as "back yard" breeding.
The bitch needs to be in peak health because pregnancy, birth & feeding takes its toll on the dog. Have your vet do a complete medical, ruling out all genetic and Schnauzer related health issues, feed a top quality diet, home in a warm/dry/cool/ living environment, good human/animal socialisation, exercise and enrichment.  A happy healthy pet will manage the event far better.  Correct breeding is not cheap either. There are many ongoing costs involved until the last pup leaves for its 'forever home.
So..once homework, preparation  and registration complete, then you will be knowledgeable regarding your commitment.
Personally, if I can tick all the boxes above and more I still would not mate my dog until she was sexually, mentally and physically matured at around 2-3 yrs. Whilst a  female can go on heat and/or get pregnant very young, at 6-9 mths, generally first heat is around 12mths(although breeds do differ) But she's still a pup then herself and needs to enjoy herself. Then providing her pregnancy and birth goes smoothly with no complications, and the pups are bright, robust and developing well it would certainly be in her best interest to allow a good 12-18 mths between breeds and only 2-3 cycles.
My recommendation in mums best interest is approx 2 years, 4 years, 6 years stop. I've known bitches to have bred 6 mthly til nearly 9 years old but their lives were horrendous,  health very poor, raising pup and bitch mortality.
So thanks for your question Terry, and I do hope this has assisted you.  As you can see there is a lot at stake and its not just a simple 'come together' and sell the pups, pocket cash and do it again. Breeding must be ethical and for betterment of the breed only as there are so many abandoned pups and dogs in this world and the health and welfare of your dog is paramount.
Cheers Leigh-Anne

I am not a veterinarian but I do have some medical understanding and knowledge through years of experience and shelter work, but I am not prepared to give life or death medical advice and suggest if you have medical concerns you seek the advice of a QUALIFIED VET immediately for your family members' safety, health and well being. Agreed? Great! I have worked in an animal shelter,also owned dogs, cats, guinea pigs, rabbits, birds, fish, ferret, mice, oh and green tree frogs! They have all been spoiled rotten and lived to long, long old ages in pure contentment. During their lifespans I've had to manage the puppy stage of nappies and broken sleep, toddler stages, teens, maturity & elderly citizens....they are all very different with very different needs. I've dealt with various health concerns, behavioral issues, training & obedience, safe housing & lifestyle issues, exercise, toys & enrichment, safety, grooming, diet, euthanasia and so forth. I am experienced in the above and more, so would be happy to pass on my knowledge and experience if you have concerns with your "4 legged family member" I will answer your questions as quickly as possible and provide you with the best answer from my knowledge & ability. If its beyond me, I will be honest and not lead you astray, but instead direct you to someone/somewhere that can assist you further. I'm in South Australia and have good Intel on what is available and where! I appreciate that your 'baby' means the world to you,so please........ don't waste precious time online if its a medical issue or emergency of any proportion-contact your NEAREST VET STAT! I look forward to hearing from you & thanks for considering my assistance!

Young Animal Protection Society (YAPS) North Queensland (volunteer employment for 9 years) - rehab of cats and dogs all breeds, ages and backgrounds - Exercise dogs - Wash and clean kennels, cages and bedding - Prepare feed and special diets, feed all animals - train and work on behavioral issues - Monitor animals and vet needs- take when required - collect strays and follow council procedures and by laws - groom, bathe and provide allergy treatment - administer heartworm, flea, tick and worm preventatives - play and provide enrichment activities - special work with dogs with mild food/toy/dog aggression, fear, anxiety and/or mistreatment to re-establish trust and faith - Assistant Vet Nurse at Beach Road Veterinary Clinic Nth Qld Pet owner of: Pure bred German Shepherds x 2 (both males)fully obedience trained to hand signals Pure bred Australian Silky Terriers x 3 (males) Pure bred Chihuahua (male) White male ferret various goldfish, tropical and Beta's(bred Beta's) Two mice and couple of green tree frogs when younger 4 cats male - 2 male moggies, and CURRENT- 2 females ages 12 & 13, mum & daughter(PART PERSIAN Torty -assisted at birth of 4 babies, broke sacs, got breathing etc.... CURRENT: Pure bred male blue English Staffy at 5 mths Various Strays and "foster" kids over the years

Animal Welfare League WSPA Port Adelaide Dog Obedience Club

non medical Cert III & IV in animal care