Dogs/my chihuahua is in pain

how can you tell if your Chihuahua has hip dyspepsia he was fin on 4/29/14 he was playing and i found him on the flower and not his self and he is still that way we have to pick him up for any thing to take him out or to his food and he would not let any one touched  is front or back now it is just is back that he will not let any one touched he is asleep right now we have been watching him to make sure that he is ok what can i do for him for the pain

Hi Mary,

We don't normally give medical advice but I will tell you my opinion but you will need to get him to a vet soon. If it is hip dysplasia it will only be in the back and most of the time on 1 side. Larger dogs and very active dogs that catch Frisbees A LOT will get this but with some its just in the genes. Dogs get old just like people and the body parts wear out. The sleeping part is what they will do when they are in pain.

You didn't say how old he is. If he is an older dog this is something that happens as they age. We had a large dog and live in a 2nd floor condo and he was unable to go up and down the stairs so we knew at 15 years old it was time to put him down. Even our vet said it was the right time, he was in pain but not much and his quality of life was not good and keeping him alive was only for us.

You should get him to the vet as soon as you can. If you cant afford a vet call your local animal shelter they might be able to get you to a low cost vet. Some area's have them. Best of luck.

Any questions about caring for your puppy up to your older dogs. How to crate train your dog. the best food for your dog,Questions about the breed.If i can not answer your question i will point you in the right direction.

Over ten years in the dog business. Taking care of pups including meds and exercise

I volunteer at our local shelter

Check out Look up Skipper...There are 3. My Rhodesion Ridgeback lived to be 15 years old. He went to the rainbow bridge 4 years ago. We just got Buddy...He is a golden mix. His first parents both worked and he was alone most of the day. We drove 3 hours to get him.

Worked 3 years as a vet tech